Monday, January 31, 2011

Long Rows - - Short Month

I'm thinking i may be seeing a bit of a 'theme' here ... February's scarf is called "The Long and Short of it all" simply because it is the shortest month of the year ... and i decided to knit a scarf with LONG stripes to switch things up a bit.  We're in the midst of showchoir season and i'm seeing the trend of LONG days of rehearsal and competition, and SHORT nites before the A.M. alarm goes off again!   LONG Saturdays followed by SHORT Sundays ....  Long  Rehearsals, Short school days .... but welcome to life!  Yes?

The perks of these LONGs is that it often means LONG times of knitting as well.  So it seemed a perfect solution and a slight deviation from the normal scarf routine ... Knit 15, turn.  Knit 15, turn.  Knit 15, turn!  Because this scarf is an adventure in Length i would highly recommend at least a 24" circular needle to accommodate all the stitches.  It really was an easy knit - rather mindless actually - since each row lasts for a while.  Easy stitch patterns to remember - - Seed Stitch and Double Moss Stitch, sprinkle in some stockinette to break up the texture ... yet another great stash buster!  Change up the stripes, making each one a different color but keep your Edge Stripe Color (Color A) consistent between each row and you really CAN do some Stash Busting!  Click on the "String of Purls" tab at the top of the page for all the directions and to get started on a fun February project ....

Another "perk" of all the Long days is that i'm afforded time to Ponder while i'm sitting and knitting, and we all know that i LOVE some good pondering - though it has been known to get me in trouble if my ponderings have me wandering down the wrong path! [on those hormonal days i'm prone to most definitely end up in the wrong part of town . . and conjure up all KINDS of twisted and distorted pieces of information .. not to mention what it does to my knitting!  other than teach me how to FROG yet again!] .... Long bouts of pondering can and should leave me with promises .... with hope .... with a most certain Reality Check that regardless of the timespan there are things that are Secure in my Days ... AND my nights!

Genesis 28:15  I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land.  I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.

Psalm 56:3-4  When i am afraid, i will trust in You.  In God, whose Word i praise, in God i trust;  i will not be afraid.  What can mortal man do to me?

Matthew 6:34  Therefore, do not worry abaout tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Psalm 28:7  The Lord is my strength and my shield;  my heart trusts in Him, and i am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and i will give thanks to Him in song.

Grab a cup of tea, your yarn and some stitch markers just to keep your count .. in case you do start to ponder and your mind starts to wander ... cast on and in no time - - yet another scarf to share ... or wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment