Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Funnies


If I stitch fast enough, does it count as aerobic exercise?
~Author Unknown

Has it been a good week? Are you making good progress on your resolutions ... or your goals ... or your knitting, more importantly?  Time to celebrate the fact that it's Friday ... to see what's been done and to anticipate what is yet to be knit ... who needs gifts ... who needs encouragement ....   it's imPARative that you ComPARE notes to see what can you use from your stash so that we can continue destashing this year as we knit through the next 12 months .. only 50 weeks left!



They're having a sale on my Merino and Alpaca!
Gotta run!


Oops!  I dropped by needle!

So tired from lifting these skeins of cashmere!
but what a GREAT upper body workout!
(this is one of my favorite knitting workout suits ever!)

sorry!  i didn't mean to squeeze those
skeins of cotton til they looked like dumbbells!
guess i don't know my own knitting strength!

have you gotten lots done this week?  or perhaps with all the wintery weather it's been an opportunity to hibernate and enjoy some quiet and calm like the soft blanket of snow we had that has visited us for the past few days?  regardless, and before anyone can heap a load of guilt on you i just have to remind you (and myself as well) of the promise found in Romans 8:38-39:

For i am convinced that neither death nor life, neither
angels nor demons, neither the present nor the
future, nor any powers, neither height nor
depth, nor anything else in all creation, 
will be able to separate us from the
love of Godthat is in Christ
Jesus our Lord.

One of my goals was to be more active this year .... now, i've lived long enough to know better than define "active" out loud because then i really WILL have to exercise ... but when i realize that the Lord loves me in all my Pear shaped glory (and it is, after all, the year of the Pair) ... i can relax a bit and move at the tempo that He has created for my day .... seeking ways to share my knitting with others ... to share His love through the things i knit ... to hear His still small voice as i sit the quiet of the corner and just dwell on His mercy, grace and holiness ....

So, to answer the quote from earlier i believe it would be Yes
Knitting counts as aerobics ... clearly . .  it's good for my Heart!   
I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy, Down in my Heart!  Down in my
Heart to Stay! 

1 Samuel 16: 7  "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart!"


No comments:

Post a Comment