Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Songs to Knit By

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near


Ever had one of those 'moments' as you sit and knit where a song just gets stuck in your head ... and you soon find yourself lost in that peaceful cocoon that come with knitting and dwelling on the lyrics of that song .... perhaps it's just me, but i often find myself choosing my knitting projects based on the quiet and introspective retreating i am anticipating to find while knitting .....

Looking for projects that can accomplish such?  Let me suggest a basic washcloth.  I know, i know, i am always pushing for the simple washcloth, but here's my logic:  Jesus calls us to be servants first and foremost.  And what better way to prepare your heart to serve someone else than while knitting them the very cloth that perhaps you could use to clean their kitchen when they are sick ..... or do some dusting and straightening around their home should they need an extra "encouragement" during a hectic week before guests arrive.  Sitting and knitting and praying for a friend makes for a sweet, sweet time!

i've recently knitted some small little baby things for our womens ministry event, Gifted.  and i can't EVEN begin to tell you all the places my mind wandered to while knitting these precious little creations.  This is BOUND to make you smile!  How in the WORLD can you not enjoy some sweet times of grins and giggles as you knit a little bitty panda hat .... just wait til you knit those ears!!!!  With each stitch of this pattern i find myself wondering if that's the way God felt when He was knitting me together in my mother's womb?  Somehow the Joy of the Lord takes on a different meaning when i knit and dwell on all His marvelous .. and intricate ... and detailed ... and soft creations that He makes and shares with each of us!

Babies!!!  how can you NOT just relax a bit ...even if you don't directly know someone who needs those littles hats and blankets and booties, you could always donate them to Sav-A-Life ... or share them with the church nursery .....  there's nothing like a soft and cuddly blanket to calm the fears of some of those toddlers when they are dropped off for the first time . . .

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend

You are my desire
No one else will do
'Cause nothing else could take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You

No comments:

Post a Comment