Saturday, November 13, 2010

November Lace

We're well into the middle of November ... and i noticed last night many stores are already playing Christmas music ....  i know i'm guilty of thinking ahead as well in order to plan my gifts for the Christmas season .... working on menus and cleaning the house in anticipation of all that's to come ... but i don't want to get so distracted with things that are still quite a ways away that i loose sight of the precious gift of Today.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year!  I love all the cooking (not the cleaning so much!) .. i love all the smells ... i love all the candles we get to use  ... i love all the friends and family that share this special time ..... and i find myself dwelling more and more on all the blessings that the Lord has so graciously showered on me throughout this past year.  

In fact, most mornings during my quiet time i see many things that i can officially call "blessings" that perhaps i didn't actually realize were ... at their onset.  Time and time again, His faithfulness and wisdom and diligence in not giving up on me has left a cornucopia of bounty ... blessings .... reminders of all that i have to be thankful for.  The gift of knitting is one such unexpected surprize that has opened some amazing doors to share His love .. and the difference He makes in my every day ... with many of my friends and family.  and i pray that this season will also be a time to reflect on all He has done for you this year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment