Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Grandma Says . . .

it's tuesday ... and it's still raining .... that soft, misty rain that makes it REALLY hard to get up in the morning ..... so i figured today was a PERFECT day to share this fun little poem sent to me by a friend i made several years ago in Glasgow, Scotland!

Grandma Says

When the folks next to you act like those in a zoo,
A grumblin' growlin' and spittin',
It's apretty good plan to be calm as you can,
And do somethin useful - like knittin'.

When a gossipin' Susan, with poison-barbed tongue,
comes into the room where you're sittin'
And starts to defame
A neighbours good name
Count stitches out loud - and keep knittin'.

When there's been a slight misunderstanding at church
And others hint broadly of quittin',
Why, the very best thing
You can do is to sing
And stay at your post - and keep knittin'.

When Satan moves in with his cohorts of sin,
Say,"You'll never find me submittin',
You irk me I find;
So, get thee behind
And please don't disturb me - I'm knittin'!"

In the middle of problems, the big ones and small,
It's always most proper and fittin'
To trust and to pray
Till the Lord shows the way-
And go right ahead with your knittin'.


Ps. 73:26 reminds me:  "But as for me it is good to be near God.  I have made the Soverign Lord my refuge;  I will tell of all your deeds!"   Praying you'll find some time to just go right ahead with your knittin' as you dwell and ponder on all the blessings you've been given ..... i started on my One Row Lace Scarf yesterday ... and i assure you, once that pattern gets into your bones - - and your needles  - - you too will be able to just sit and knit and think about the Lord and His goodness, especially at this Thankful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment