Wednesday, November 17, 2010

sometimes BIGGER .. . . IS BETTER ! ! !


Please tell me you have a pair of these wonderful needles in your knitting 'collection' ??   Please???  if not, then clip that Hobby Lobby 40% coupon for this week and RUN to the store and buy them!

Size 50 knitting needles!  that's right .... Size 50!  it's kind of like knitting with broomsticks, not that i've ever actually knit with broomsticks, but .....

yesterday i wore a shawl ... which was really nothing more than a scarf on some Incredible steroids .... to work and must confess that it was fun to knit AND equally fun to wear .... and did i mention EASY!!! ???

This pattern has the potential to make life during this hectic season just a bit more enjoyable as you discover pattern options and uses for these giant Speed Stix!  once you work through those first awkward moments of handling the yarn and the Stix you'll soon find that the stitches drop quickly ... you can have a scarf in less than an hour!  i PROMISE!

Short ... sweet .. and to the point!  Never underestimate the benefit of Simple!  seems to be a recurring theme in my life actually.  Kind of like those simple, obedient sheep that are referred to in Psalm 23:   

 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to Your word, You let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.

 Even when the way goes through Death Valley,
I'm not afraid when You walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.

 You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing.

 Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.

He cares for His own ..... and under His guiding it seems that nothing is so complicated . . . that He can't resolve things so that i find true and simple rest . . in Him! That's the Speed Stix kind of day i long to have.

Truly ... Knit 1, Purl 1 .... 25 stitches, back and forth ....

Bind off!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment