Friday, October 15, 2010

what IF you Turn the Page?

Do you have those tried and true patterns in your repetroire that you always 'revert' back to in an emercency?  i  Love my Basic Washcloth Pattern for quick and eash washcloths . . the Mistake Rib Stitch works great for scarves .... I have a Basic Toboggan Pattern that i can just sit and knit on auto pilot when i need to crank out a quick hat . .

however, in a recent search for one of these patterns i decided to 'turn the page' and just SEE if there was another option to consider . . and i found a really neat little lace pattern that i can use for a prayer shawl . . all because i turned the page.  i realized that i had grown very complacent with the 'comfortable' and had lots some of the adventure from a new stitch . . or trying something in a new way . . .

i just found a verse that i'm sure has always been there .... but i've managed to overlook because the preceding verses are more 'famous' ..... and although they are good ones, i'm actually quite intrigued by my new 'discovery' ....
Heb. 12:1-2 ... begins with "Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses . . . . Let us fix our eyes on Jesus . . . and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
howEVER ... i just found verse 3

Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful man,
so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Consider: a word that implies an on-going action .... a point to ponder Yesterday, Today as i'm sitting here, Tomorrow as i think ahead on things . . . . Consider. It would seem that this pretty much puts an end to my excuses and pity parties ..... not really sure i can play the 'they're picking on me' card anymore ..... or the 'why me?' question when i Consider what He endured for me . . . Consider - to do so with regard to the rest of my day will leave me counting blessings rather than self perceived burdens .....

Considering will plant a seed of hope in the middle of my aching heart because i feel betrayed or neglected by friends . . really? wonder what Jesus felt by my betrayal . . and everyone else's that he ENDURED!!! Really? [too bad i can't type inflections into all my "really" words? because this is DEFINITELY an inflected tone . . . ]

i think this is the place where i bow my head and with an incredibly HUMBLE HEART simply say Thank You Father that You would even CONSIDER me .... despite what i've done to You .... Thank You for demonstrating Love in such a way that i can Always have a picture to refer back to and be Inspired .. not weary; so that i can continue moving Forward and not give up! Thank You Father for letting me DWELL in Your Presence so that i can CONSIDER Your love for me .... with each step i take and each stitch i knit!  Thank You Father for turning the Page for me so that, because of Your Son, You now see me in a new and forgiven Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment