Tuesday, October 26, 2010

too big for my britches . . .


i am so VERY gullible!  my knitting is a reflection of that!  can anyone please tell me when i think i am possibly going to have the time to knit all the yarn that i have 'collected' over the years?  and what about all these books and magazines?  remind me, please, how many projects i have actually completed from the pages of all these examples?  and yet, i run to the store and roam the aisles for hours ... touching the yarn, flipping through the new books ... clipping my coupons to save money on more new knitting needles ...
instead, i should be home knitting .... learning new things .... trying new techniques .... giving more things away!!! seems my vocubalary is loaded with Verbs these days, but they are all rather self absorbed, rather than truly 'servant' oriented!  [not that knitting is always about giving away ...]  I have learned the value of slipping into that quiet cocoon of concentration so that the rhythm of the needles, the stitches that fall into my lap, help me to focus on other things in my life.  BUT collecting new and different 'yarn/needles/books' is no replacement for seeking Help when i'm stuck on a new/old project .... when i encounter a Knot in my yarn .... Or my life!

i know this may be 20+ years too late, but i'm sitting here now wondering if i have made a HUGE mistake w/ my kids (aside from their obvious family quirks and uniquities ...) ....   i was taught, and thus, passed on to my children that they were to grow up and be self sufficient! learn to do things 'on their own' ... Independence was a sign of success! "Cut the cord" .... "let them make their own mistakes" . . . blah! blah! blah! in fact, society is STILL selling books and dvds and commericals on this very thing and yet as i read this morning in james and in john my true Sucess in measured by my ability to COME to the Father. My growth and 'personal achievement' is designed to thrive and flourish when i LEAN on Him and not my own understanding [not that THAT would take much to do!] ...
So, the question for me today is two fold: DO i COME to my Father with everything - - joys AND sorrows, celebrations AND consternations? or am i TOO INDEPENDENT for my own good?

NO ... and YES! i'm afraid i'm 'out of order' if i will be honest with myself! I was taught that i was supposed to share 'my toys/things' .... but somewhere along the way i seemed to dismiss the concept of sharing it ALL with Him ... because He genuinely WANTS to KNOW! Pride perhaps ... which has been documented to 'go before a fall' ..... or just ignorance coupled with laziness?

I AM the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from ME you can do nothing! John 15;5

Perservence must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:5

Sorrows shared results in a load that's lessened; Joys, when shared, are multiplied. Hallmark didn't come up with this concept; God did! (note to self!)   Bring your daily knitting to Him ... He's got the pattern AND the patience to help!   kind of gives new meaning to "Fix it Daddy!" please?

No comments:

Post a Comment