Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Fountain of Youth

what a goof i've been! with all the commericals on tv i've come to realize just how how old and unattractive i am! BUT for only 2 easy payments of $19.95 i can buy the scientific clinical breakthrough oil that reverses signs of aging ..... or i can log onto my computer and get a coupon for $$$ off a secret formula that will plump up all my tired crows feet and melt away the wrinkles! who knew! some days i think i look pretty good ... until i turn on the television and realize what a failure i am! i must cause everyone to go blind when i even think i should walk out the door! [at least according to the commercials!]

BUT ... have you ever noticed that when you sit beside someone who is teaching you something that you are interested in learning, that the "age" barrier seems to disappear?  Focus on both sides becomes that of passing on the knowledge and often the eagerness is contagious on both sides!  Teaching a friend to knit has that affect on me .... it doesn't matter to me if you are 7 or 75 .... coordinated or clueless .... there's something rejuvenating about sharing.. and for Christmas this year, i plan on making 'lessons' one of the gifts to give to some of my friends.  I'm starting to buy Christmas mugs now and watching for yarn and needles to go on sale (or good coupons to help with the purchase!) ....  Attach instructions for a Cap-pucino, along with time to sit and knit .. and the bond between us will be taken to a much deeper level!
The key in in the Connection .... and this morning .. i have discovered the fountain of youth! according to physical measurements of age and agility my 'calendar' is winding down .. my strength isn't nearly what it used to be, my eyes DEFINITELY have issues and my arms aren't EVEN long enough ..... and yet, in so many ways i am stronger than i've ever been .. and i find that my strength and youth are rejuvenated according to the investment and infusion of time spent with the Lord!

I have become its (the church's) servant by the commission God game me to present to you the Word of God in its fullness - - the mystery that has been kept hidden
for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints.
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles
the glorious riches of this mystery,
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
We proclaim Him, admonsihing and teaching everyone with all wisdom,
so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
To this end i labor, struggling with all His energy,
which so powerfully works in me.
Col. 1: 25-29

That's IT!!!! no bottles ... or coupons ... or fancy packaging .... although it did require one extremely gracious payment on His part . . HE IS THE BEAUTY SECRET we ALL are searching for! His energy - not mine! WORKS IN ME - no 30 day risk free trials are required! no need for a money back gurantee if not completely satisfied .... He is my Hope of Glory ..... Period. The End. How i pray that my age will be measured by others according to the years spent loving Him, not by my crows feet! by the friends i have shared my faith with ... not by my ability to cover the gray! By the gifts and talents that He uses to bring glory to Himself ... not by anything else that i may say or do! (who knew that knitting could open the doors to share His message .... but when you present yourself as a living sacrifice to Him ... He can and WILL use your string and needles  ... and make you beautiful from the inside out ... even when you are simply sitting ... and .. knitting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment