Tuesday, October 12, 2010

FAITH . . .



     EQUALS









Now FAITH is being sure of what we hope for ... and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1


I think that this could most certainly be a life verse for me as a knitter .... so often i have the Big Picture of the Finished Project, the recommended yarn and appropriate needles, good lighting, time to sit and knit and create ... but despite all the right 'conditions' i have no guarantee that what i attempt WILL match the picture. It most definitely requires Faith on my part to Begin the Knitting Journey .... to maintain the process despite the times that i don't understand exactly how 'what i am doing now' will actually result in my string and needles looking like The Picture!

However, with each stitch i attempt i find that before long a shape begins to form.... a pattern is established .. and i rest in knowing that i CAN follow the pattern ....  i'm not resting in my own abilities, per se, but am trusting that the journey will indeed result in the destination/sweater/scarf/hat i was planning for!  FAITH ....

Sitting and knitting is like that tiny mustard seed .... which can move mountains .... AND make sweaters; it results in many, many hours of relaxation and pleasure when i recall where i started, lessons i've learned along the way, times i've had to FROG a row or two or three .... and even the projects that have been completed and captured in my knitting scrapbook.

WithOUT FAITH it is impossible to please God,
because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists
and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6

i can almost knit on auto-pilot most days because i have learned from things i've done along the way.  How much more should my every day life be lived, in fellowship with my Father, based on the journey He has created and mapped out for me.  The pattern of my life that He is knitting ....
*it had a beginning (50 years ago),
        *each day/stitch has a purpose as it builds on the past and is setting up for 
                   the next row of tomorrows that He has designed,
                        *and because of my Faith in Him i KNOW my life has a end ...
                                a "reward" in heaven to spend eternity with Him.  

If i can follow a pattern from a designer i've never met, then why don't i rest on the FAITH i have that my Heavenly Father can, will and does knit my every day into the most beautiful of cashmere creations .... learning to see things thru His eyes ....  i have 50 years of proof that when He knits it's going to be a one-of-a-kind perfect fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment