Monday, October 11, 2010

. . He started it!

Psalm 62:5-8  Find rest, o my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
                      He alone is my rock and my salvation; 
                      He is my fortress, i will not be shaken.
                      My salvation and my honor depend on God,
                      He is my mighty rock, my refuge.
                      Trust in Him at all times, o people;
                      pour out your heart to Him,
                      for God is our refuge.

Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega" say the Lord God,
                      "Who is, and Who was, and Who is to come, the Almighty."

I Peter 2:9  But you are a chosen people,
                          a royal priesthood, a holy nation,
                                     a people belonging to God, that you may declare
                         the praises of Him who called you out of darkness
                  into His wonderful light. 

James 1:17 - Every good and perfect gift is from above,
                    coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
                    Who does not change like shifting shadows. 
                    He chose to give us birth through the Word of Truth,
                    that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all He created.

Point to Ponder:  From the very beginning of time, God has given me blessings and ordered my day .... not so that i'd always have prizes to open BUT so that i would always be aware of Him..... it's not about the Gift ... but about the GIVER!   Which is exactly how i feel about the things i knit .... perhaps the sleeves were too tight on her sweater ... but really? ... i was just trying to show her, in stitches, how much she means to me!

those first socks i shared with you? perhaps a bit rough compared to what others may have knitted, but none the less, i wanted to say "you means the world to me" .... that cotton washcloth was a reminder that i'm always thinking of you ...... so maybe as i go through today and hit a rough patch that would appear to not be knitted as 'securely'  or as 'pretty' as i would have hoped, i will learn to look to the Giver of Good Gifts, and be reminded that His motive is Pure Love ... the Gift of His Presence that constantly abides with me regardless of how the external packaging may be!   (granted, i DO question why He opted to use such 'bulky' yarn when He knit certain parts of me together .....  but overall, i have come to realize that I am His favorite color!  I am His favorite gift!  I Am HIS - and He loves me just the way I am!)

No comments:

Post a Comment