Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Be Still ... and Know ....


i was asked last week to participate in the Ladies Ministry "Gifted" Christmas program in November and i've spent a good amount of time pondering on what i could share as far as knitted things .... i need projects that are quick and easy, some that are a bit more nostalgic, those that are practical and then some that are just plain fun! Which means - - i've spent many hours pondering ... and pouring through books and yarn and knitting samples and swatches in search of the perfect combination and compliment for display ....
and in the midst of all this 'stewing' i've found myself reminded all the more that this is EXACTLY how God wants me to spend my day with regard to Him! He LONGS for this much time and attention, a continual feast of devotion and attention to His detail .... to linger over those things that are noble and right, pure and lovely . ... to share my faith with Him by simply dwelling . .

those words aren't really in our vocabulary much these days .. what with all our means of staying connected with the entire world .... all our social networking ... our electronic devices and media that blares into every crevice of who we are ..... and yet .... the easiest way for me to find Him is to STOP! ..... He really is okay with my just sittin'n'knittin . . . and i do seem to find more inspiration and encouragement and forgiveness and grace and mercy and a perspective that is more closely mirrored to His when i turn off the TV, put down the complicated clutter that pulls me from Him .....

my shoulders relax ... my heart seems to steady ..... and my stress melts into genuine Worship as i come to Him, Just as I Am, without one plea .. but that Thy Blood was shed for me ... and that Thou bidst me come to Thee, O Lamb of God! I COME!
Ex. 33:14 My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.

Phil. 4:8-9     Finally, sisters, whatever is true .. noble ... right... pure... lovely... admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ... think on such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me , or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment