Thursday, May 5, 2011

Looking from the Inside Out

i've come to view Thursday's as a good indicator and measuring stick of my week .....
a tangible "Check Off List" of what Life has looked like.

*been too busy? a bag of knots and knitting needles.
*Extra rehearsal? usually afford LOTS of sitting,
            which is ALWAYS good for lots of knitting!
*lazy? i still carry my bag so i atleast LOOK like i'm
                    busy ...
*relaxing at the beach? oh wait! i can't even do a spray
                    tan good, so why in the world would my
                    bag ever go to the beach?

i've spent more than my fair share on Perfect Knitting Bags .... with extra pockets, or that are just really cute and fashionable. I've used every justification that i can dream up for "needing" just one more bag ... and yet, here i am, this week, with my all-time favorite option: One of those $.99 shopping bags from Target.

And while it does NOT have pockets or other amazing organization features, i simply LOVE this bag! it's the Work Horse .... you keep stuffing it in ... and it keeps holding together! Plain and Simple .... But all that i need.

And while it does NOT have pockets or other amazing organization features, i simply LOVE this bag! it's the End All, Be All .... you keep stuffing it in ... and it keeps holding it all together! Plain and Simple .... But all that i need. and so, as this week is closing out, i am sharing from my shopping bag/knitting bag/To-Do List the "productivity" and healing that have been contained within.
when i'm not sleeping or huddled beneath the quilt "pondering" i have found that i just wanted to crochet again. i've been on the computer pouring through baby patterns .... longing to connect with new beginnings perhaps, for Sweet and Simple, for anything to bring some sense and semblance to Life at the moment. and perhaps that's why i've turned back to crocheting ... i remember learning from my mom ... i remember ALWAYS seeing my grandmother's crochet basket beside her chair at her home. Granted, she sometimes picked the most random of projects and yarn! I never was (nor will be) a fan of crocheted toilet roll covers .... really? Really! But it kept her busy so i guess SOMEone out there likes them! I remember crocheted doll dresses on those scary little plastic dolls she'd buy at the Dollar Store, just for those dresses! yikes! but i also remember some sweet crocheted baby blankets she made for each of my children ... one was especially soft and carried for QUITE some time ... and still conjures up special memories and moments when we pull it out of the cedar Hope Chest!
Old School .... simple ..... uncomplicated ..... maybe it's my way of asking for a "do-over" .... or just simply an easy way to return home ... but it's felt good to crochet for a moment, even though i have a baby sweater and hat and socks that need to be knitted before the end of the month!

and it all sits in my shopping bag.
Lesson learned this week: God can, and WILL, use ANY thing, at ANY time, to accomplish what is His good and perfect will! Do i have to understand it in order for Him to orchestrate it?   NO .....

this week's "therapy" !
i just have to be available ... like my Target bag ... to receive the abundance and blessings He longs to stuff inside ..... to fill me to overflowing with His desires and Promises and Hopes and Plans and Dreams.... packaged in a simple front desk secretary .... nothing fancy, no high heels and power suits .... just some sweats and my Bible open on my lap ..... heart and hands turned upward ..... gratitude and thanksgiving on my lips for His grace and goodness, fully aware that there is NOTHING He cannot provide ... in my Target/knitting bag!

For the LORD sees not as man sees:
man looks on the outward appearance,
but the LORD looks on the heart.
                                                                                          I Sam 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment