Tuesday, May 31, 2011

hover craft

after all the cleaning that's been accomplished i've come to realize that knitting ... crocheting .... or really, ANY craft provides me with a means for hovering ... for the 'excuse' i need to justify simply sitting and not feeling guilty for all the clothes yet to fold, or dishes to be washed or dusting that is just waiting for me to write my name in!

there's something to be said for finding peace in the midst of all the clutter .... whether it's the chaos and confusion cram-packed into my overstuffed knitting bag .. or from all the noise and distractions from an over committed schedule that leaves no room for a quiet time of renewal ... to weed out the noise in order to hear His still small voice.

what is it, despite my years of knowing better, that keeps me searching in all the wrong places for The Very One that promises to bring order .... why do i run from my weaknesses and create a bigger mess than a simple reality check could remedy?  i have the potential to 'hoard' and to use my 'collections' as a wall to hide behind .... whether it's a wall of colorful yarn with potential to knit and share projects and initiate a dialogue with someone so that i can share my faith .....

or maybe that collection of 'jokes and funnies' that i throw up as a means of diverting the attention away from getting too "up close and personal" ... hiding behind the 'busyness' so that i don't have to sit too long and face the realities and revelations that a quiet time would peel back and expose ....  kind of like the layers of an onion (and an ogre!)

and yet .... the Lord has commanded us to be still and KNOW that He is God ... He has put the stamp of approval on 'hovering' ....... and He longs to be found whereEVER we are ... no matter what 'collections' or excuses we may offer ... there is no weakness that He can't or won't overcome ... His patience and perseverance are relentless ... His pursuit of my affections and attention has compelled Him to selflessly give His life on my behalf .....

cleaning up my knitting room .. and the clutter of my heart .. is the least i can do in order that i may know the Peace that truly passes my understanding ....... and to hear Him singing over me as He hovers and quiets the chaos of my day



Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you.
Job 22:21


Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
2 Thes. 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment