1) it's not always the BIG things that count in order to label something a 'SUCCESS' .
2) the quiet ... the solitude ... is NOT a bad place.
3) all those little "life lessons" you are taught along the way WILL come into play when you least expect them!
4) sometimes the sweetest friend is the one that will simply sit and hold your hand while you cry, wipe those tears as they fall and just let you "be" without trying to FIX it ... or make it better! and sometimes that really IS enough! [remember the phrase: they don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care!]
5) the "perfect" day isn't always Scheduled or happens according to plan .... but the Sweet Peace that comes when you know that you've done things just as God wants you to do them .....
Living Life Interrupted these past few days has afforded me some time to think back on the past week as i look ahead to see what possibly is still out there waiting ..... and the knitting in between these 2 time spans has been the sweetest ever ... i am just LOVING these little bitty baby things! And to find this yarn, (which i'm afraid may be about to be discontinued because everywhere i've gone lately it's been on sale for ridiculous markdowns) has been so fun to work with ..... it's the ADD in me perhaps, but i just have to keep knitting because it's always a surprize what's coming next!
Patterns are posted in the Au Pair Project Tab up top for these little mitts . . knit flat AND with no thumbs . . easy peasy!!! and the Hat is also knit flat and seamed up the back with you're finished .... won't take more than a couple of hours to get them whole set done! and yes, i know it's finally 80 degrees outside, but i'm thinking i'll just have a bunch of these projects in a stock pile and ready to share ..... and there's just something about these little things that makes my heart happy!!! if i could just find a 9" circular needle in a size 5 & 6 ....... so i could just knit and knit and knit in the round ...... baby sized circles!
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. Isa. 30:15
Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. . . The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exo. 14: 12-14
The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when i was in great need, He saved me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you. Ps. 116:5-7
All week i've seen the Sweet Treats of a Friendship with the Lord . . He continues to meet me right where i am ... perhaps it's not exactly where He'd hoped i'd be by now .... but His compassion and mercy is new each day and He walks along side me .... in Him i find rest . . just by 'being' . . . the Simplicity of Solitude . . the sweet retreat that is like no other . .
I will be Still .. and KNOW that You are God!