Thursday, March 31, 2011

Inside my knitting bag

Doing a quick glance into my knitting bag has become quite the tell tale reflection of my life . . A synopsis, however extensive or simple, of how I've handled life ... Or it's handled me. And peering into this past week would reveal minimal . . Not much happening, and truthfully, not much knitting either. In fact there were several days when I didn't even pick up my knitting! I bought a knitting App ... Does that count?

I'm still working on my "Turn the Square" hat ... In fact, I'm ready to start the decreases at the top which are achieved by using a K2tog immediately followed by a SSK .. And then knit to the next Pivot point. However, it seems to be leaving a hole/space at the decrease juncture and I'm just not I'm real happy about that. Guess I need to work several more rows to actually see rather than panicking just yet! I also was looking for a missing knitting needle this weekend and came across my traveling scarf from this past fall... AND have pulled it out to work on.... AND That has felt good! Just sitting and holding the needles... Feeling the balance between fingers and yarn, observing the way my shoulders seem to relax when the rhythm of the needles commences . . Quite an interesting phenomenon actually ... The restoration... The symbolism of "coming home" ..the peace in "returning" to the familiar....

And perhaps that's also been part of journey this week.... Amidst all the busyness that threatens each day, finding the balance and Peace that Christ longs to share with me. the older i get, the more I come realize that I really do crave order and balance.... a consistent, rhythmic flow to my life ... Steady and progressive gains rather than turbulent and rocky results ... no need for added drama... Just simple times of praise .. Rejoicing in the little things that are sprinkled along my way rather than always finding the negative twist on things.

Confessing out loud that just sitting and "being" feels so very good. No agenda, no movie to watch, nothing to knit that has a deadline attached ... Just finding joy in the moment, and I believe that it is in those unscheduled times this week that I have been able to taste and see that the Lord is good! Just like the peace that comes when you return home and sleep in YOUR old bed from childhood ... Or the contentment you experience when you take a bite of an old time favorite dish .. The melding of those flavors with the memories that are recalled ... In so many ways my faith is just as sensory! I believe God created us for contentment and not chaos,and when I stop and recount His blessings it's just like returning home to the familiar ... To know the rhythm of His needles with the yarn of my life.

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusts in Him.
Ps. 34:8


She called him "You are the God who sees me."
That's because she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me."
Gen. 16:13-14

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,
since as members of one body you were called to peace.
And be thankful.
Col 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment