Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Break


ANY day spent knitting . . . is a GOOD day!

It's the perfect sentiment for the beginning of Spring Break ... which starts in approximately 9 Hours and 15 minutes from NOW!  Many of my friends have lofty plans for leisurely hours walking (freezing) on the beach this week .... some have headed off for one last ski trip in the mountains .... me?  i'm thinking i'll proably paint the downstairs bathroom ...

BUT . . regardless of my vacation destination, i will be able to knit!  Hopefully this week will afford me some time to reorganize things a bit (a LOT)  since they've managed to scatter during showchoir season .... hopefully!  But if not, i still can sit and knit!  I'm also thinking i might try and begin the landscaping options outside if the weather permits and i feel like it . . . But if not, i'll certainly sit outside on my freshly painted porch and KNIT .... and the garage (atleast on my side) has become quite a catch-all so i probably should attempt to sort through and throw out some of those 'treasures' .... but if not, i'm sure there's some yarn and needles down there with a project or two that needs to be finished, so i'll just clean a while, and knit a while longer!  ....  YEP!  i'd say ... it's going to be a great week!  And i won't have any sand in my luggage come this time next week to worry with either! 

gives new meaning to my "High Fiber Diet"

Being open and flexible, rather than living every moment of the day dictated by a school bell .... it takes a bit of time to get reacclimated to the concept of such, but i'm praying that these next few days of quiet will also be a great time to steal away and find rest in what the Lord has lined up for me ..... which may be absolutely NOTHING at all except to fall in love with Him . . to simply sit and knit with Him . . . to dwell in the Presence of His holiness, to sing His praises, to delight in His goodness and tender mercies which are new every morning, to focus on the blessings that He continually sends my way, to find forgiveness and restoration despite the guilt that Satan attempts to load on my shoulders, to seek His face and His will and His way for my life ... every day ... in every plan i make .... in every stitch i take ..... living by faith, and not by sight . . .

I love You, O Lord, my strength!

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer'
My God is my rock, in whom i take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation,  my stronghold.
I call to the Lord, Who is worthy of praise and i am saved from my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment