Thursday, September 30, 2010

planning for tomorrow

i just don't know how some people do it ..... ALL this planning!!!  we are going to see rachael this weekend, and while i can't wait for that time with her at school, my mind is spinning over the car ride ... that's 4 hours going AND 4 hours coming back home ....  to just sit and KNIT!!!!!  so ... what projects do i take .... do i finish a few scarves that are lingering in my basket, do i take the plunge and start on some Christmas gifts, i need to finish the baby sweater for bo's sweet friends phil and rachel, i'm in the midst of a prayer shawl .... so much time ... even more yarn ... WHAT TO DO!!!!

clearly, planning is not my forte ... dreaming, yes!  planning, not so much!  i have all the books filled with patterns .... and even plenty of yarn to start most things .... but anticipating that much time on my hands almost has me frozen ... stuck .. and not being prepared scares me even more!  What a quandry ... what a GIRL!

i really have no reason to panic .. the best part of where rachael's in school is that there's a hobby lobby literally one mile down the road ... which means all the yarn i could possibly need to get me through this time .... but it's just that nagging feeling of  'what if ' ... and if i don't pack adequately i'm left with the regrets of all the 'why nots' and 'what were you thinking' that linger and magnify my weakness.

perhaps this is why the Lord reminds me time and again to take care of TODAY .... not worry about tomorrow [because i have no contol on that] .. and no need to lament about what i missed or messed up yesterday - it's done and over with - and He's forgiven me! it's all about TODAY .... living moment by moment, stitch by stitch, with Him. There's an entire yarn shop full of adventures packed into TODAY .. and i don't want to miss any of Life's lessons that He is knitting into who i am.  Matthew 6:33-34 puts it like this:  But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own!

Today needs to be a "still waters" kind of day ... simply grazing/knitting in the green pastures where He leads me .... and i'll soon find my soul restored ... and the knitting bag of my life abundantly filled and satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment