Friday, September 17, 2010

My "Collection"

ever heard of SABLE?  (and i'm not referring to the animal that some ladies actually wear as coats themselves)   Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy.  it's a syndrome for some, a lifestyle for others .... the thrill of finding the 'perfect' yarn and then getting a few extra skeins just in case ..... the fear that the world may stop producing yarn so you best buy it while it's still available ..... a moment when time stops because of the beauty of the yarn - the texture that compells you to touch it again - - and again - - and again ... you JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT!   

however, before long you find yourself having to be 'creative' in where to STORE all these treasures .... no more boxes, out of closet space, all the knitting bags are full  ... i've even heard of some who have cleaned out their freezers just to make room for yarn,using the justification that 'it will keep the moths out of my wool'!  Regardless of the reason for growing one's knitting stash, the question remains:  If you stopped buying yarn today would you be able to knit up all that you've accumulated?  Which leads me to the NEXT question:   if you answered NO WAY to the previous question, who then will be the recepient of your yarn stash?

I have learned over the years the fine art of linguistic 'justification' .... 

1)  it was on sale!
2)  i didn't want to run out, so i bought a 'few' more, just in case!
3) i Collect yarn.
4) i'm going to Teach someone .. and thus SHARE it!
5) it's part of my "hobby" (or obsession)
6)  i really DO have a pattern in mind for THIS one!
7)  isn't it so "pretty" ....  i think i'll just sit and hold it for a while!
8)  the "savings" of buying in BULK
9)  yarn is cheaper than therapy!
10)  just because .....

Regardless of my 'justifications' or even my  creative ways for displaying ... or hiding .... my collection, there really are just a few things in life that i should claim as part of the SABLEs of my life.  My Friends!  How i pray that i will always have MORE friends than LESS friends because i have been a true friend to each of them along the way!  My Faith!  God has ordered my days .. and no amount of yarn .. or knitting ... or excuses or justifications will change that, or bring time back around again.  So, using the moments that He has ordained for me is a must ... and allowing Him to knit each minute strategically into His Master Pattern will lead me through a Peaceful and Profitable path each day ....

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: 
He will make your rightesouness shine like the dawn,
he justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Psa. 37:5-6

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for You!
I Peter 5:6-7

  In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
Prov. 16:9

  He has made all things beautiful .. in its time! 
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men...
Eccles. 3:11

No "Day Timer" today where i pencil Him into  (or out of) a designated time slot .....
how i long to find Him in EVERY minute of my day .... 
He is my SABLE ....
Salvation's Acquisition BECAUSE of  Love's Extravagance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment