Thursday, June 9, 2011

Simple Summer Projects

it's the 1st official day of summer for me .... and i confess that i woke up this morning a bit paranoid about what all i needed to do in order to make my summer time purposeful, at least for appearance sake ....

bubba asked what my plans were and i just looked at him like a deer caught in the headlights .... because i really, honestly and truly, had no plans ... NO projects or remodeling come to mind at this moment ... and other than the usual cleaning and cleaning ... and cleaning ... that i haven't done since ....

last summer!

so ... after opening a new, fresh bag of my favorite coffee (Peppermint!) .... and sinking down into the sofa, i opened my Bible and just started praying and pondering ... reading a Proverb for today .... looking over  my Bible Study for tonight's meeting .. and my eyes feel to one of my favorite Psalms ever ... and i found (by no accident!) this footnote that perfectly summarizes my Official Summer Plans:

"Enjoy the tempo of a God-breathed life by letting Him set the pace!
  Hold His hand in child-like trust, and the way before you will open
  up ....
  step by step."  (or stitch by stitch if you're a knitter!)

Psalm 73:23-26 drives this point even closer to home:

"Yet i am always with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with Your counsel,
and afterward You will take me into glory.
Whom have i in heaven but You?
And earth has nothing i desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever!"

SO ... i guess i've got my summer plan now!  To find delight in Him .... to embrace the quiet of the moment and find Him there ... despite what the world or my calendar or my conscience or even my knitting bag may say ..... 

perhaps today will be filled with making fun summer knitting plans .... options for projects that i may .. or may not ... get accomplished, much less photographed and blogged about .... but .. that, too, will be okay ... because regardless of my measurable 'success' ... i will view these next weeks as a retreat with my Savior .... appreciating the renewal and re-creation that He has ordered ..... kind of like a mini-Spa package, with my heart getting the deep tissue massage that only He can accomplish!

time to go crochet  (it's my June little "happy hiatus")  ... have you got your crochet hook yet?  

 and also ...

Saturday is Knit in Public day .... Hoover Public Library .... 2:00 - 6:00 .....  don't you want to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment