Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My new Easter bonnet


Well... Just a bit of forward progress made today in my attempts to reverse my 208 yards of stupid.... Remembering the all important k2tog that occurs TWICE on each row in order for those decreases to actually work! Small steps ... Single rows
So I will simply sit and knit .. Not worrying about projects for next month . . Or next week even. Just focusing on this sweet little hooded towel for a wee one . . Praying for that child AND the parents, seeking God's annointing And grace on them all. Wow.. I can feel my heart calming a bit, my shoulders are relaxing as the rhythm of the needles resumes and steady progress is once again obtained.


With this being Easter week I find that I am inundated with commercials for new clothing in order to properly prepare me for this upcoming Sunday. Seems that without a new dress AND shoes AND matching accesories it just can't be officially Easter Sunday... Although i would certainly like to ask "them" why Easter is different every year? Rach is going to need something new and fresh so there needs to be time allotted for that ... Bubba says all he needs is new socks.... All the "details" that we are led to believe to be so important have clouded the very truth and essence of Easter sunday: there is NOTHING that I can purchase or make to wear that will surpass the beauty of the Easter garment that Christ has set aside for me.

Because of His death AND resurrection I have been fitted with a snow white robe of righteousness that is indicative of His love for me. There were no discounts or seconds, no coupons or buy-one-get-one-free deals involved. His love compelled His obedience ... His willingness to be the sacrifice so that you and I could spend eternity with Him has guaranteed a perfect fit for my robe ... And there will never be a reason for me to return it. No mistakes or doubts or questions on my part could ever change His mind about what He so graciously did for me! For YOU! ... no accomplishment on my part can have any sway on His love and devotion to me ...

His gift ... His love ... His hands tell it all each time He extends them to me in love or forgiveness, in grace and mercy .....


I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. ISA. 61:10


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment