Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sitting in the Seaweed

Summer ..... Sand .... Sun .... Seaweed? 


The only seaweed that i'm a fan of, from this point forward, will be those gentle waves that i can create (and control) in lace ..... the simple sway of stitches that wraps around my needles and not my knees!  It's hard to believe that I have already completed 6 months of lace patterns, learned many ways to create increases and decreases, and have probably learned even MORE ways that don't, or won't work!

I found this Wavy Lace Pattern in my Interweave Knits, Spring 2010 edition and think it would also make a beautiful scarf in this stitch alone.  The original pattern, as pictured in the magazine, uses the lace pattern in a cardigan which has a beautiful drape and would make a great accessory as well.  Working on this Calendar Scarf has taught me to look at patterns in completely different, and much broader, light.  Sweater patterns CAN be used for scarves ... Sock lace patterns can be used for Mittens .... lace patterns can be used in whole OR in part ..... as the knitter I get to decide what my options are!

So sit back, grab your favorite knitting magazine or book and browse through the pages and patterns and look for inspriration where you least expect it .... and don't forget the sunscreen!   Click Here for some simple waves that won't leave any sand between your toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment