Thursday, May 27, 2010

I finished! sort of ....


Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

--Scott Adams

I finished my sweater .... sort of! i still have to weave in all the loose ends and then find that perfect piece of ribbon to run down the front placket. But the most important thing is ... it's finished and i actually still LIKE it!
I also did something rather grown up and mature - - i did a SWATCH ... checked my gauge AND then made appropriate (and CORRECT) adjustments to the pattern! and voila ... it actually fits!
so .... for all those years i rolled my eyes and just jumped in .... i guess i have to apologize ... at least a little bit! I changed the yarn the original pattern called for but i did the swatch thing, adjusted my needle size to get it to the drape i wanted ... and i'm actually rather pleased ...
i made mistakes ... i ripped them out ... i recalculated .... and although it's nothing fancy, today i'm pleased with my golden cotton ART sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment