Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Summations ..

it's been a fun summer ... a quiet summer ... a much different summer than i had 'planned' or even anticipated ... and yet, looking back i have to say it has been one of the best summers i've had in quite some time.  The journey was not as i had anticipated, but the lessons i have learned have been so very sweet!

my goal was to sit and knit for an entire month while rachael was gone ... but i fell and cracked my elbow ( but didn't tell anyone for several - 5 - weeks!) ... so .. my knitting was not as productive as i had planned.  however, i also found myself in a summer bible study and another group that has sparked some journaling ... and as i have journeyed through the daily lessons that the Lord has shared with me i have come to realize that i HAVE been knitting all summer ... it's just been PERSONAL!   The Lord has been knitting me together - one row, one day at a time.. There have been many days filled with Frogging on His part as He has reworked things that were not to His liking .... and there have been days were the rows fit so very nicely into place!

I realized that I am Knit So Simple by His Almighty hand ... and this is what He laid on my heart this morning while He was Knitting on me!........Can you believe that August is over ... where HAS the summer gone? Time just seems to fly by .. i know for me the summer almost seems a blur .. and yet last NITE seemed to take forever! not sleeping good again ... long, slow, restless nites certainly can and DO impact one's perspective - - on life, on time, on all sorts of things that Satan can creep into the corners of your mind when you are kinda-sorta asleep but not really GOOD DEEP asleep!
BUT ... i got up this morning and found a sweet devotion on fragility. Not really something i want to boast about .. i'd much prefer to think of myself as a strong and independent woman ... a non-hormonal, non-emotional female (do they even make such a thing!) that handles life on 2.64 hours of sleep each nite, maintains a spotless house (please!), works 60 hours a week, has time for friends and family and can still knit a king size afghan in a week! ......
yea well, back to the real world ..... as i'm sitting here praying for the caffeine to kick in i am also realizing that my weakness MUST be the catalyst for my Strength today ... that apart from Him as my Source i can do nothing! Today i'm praying for Saran Wrap abilities - - to CLING to Him rather than crumble under my weariness..... to be INFUSED by HIS power and not of my own ... to be renewed minute by minute as He guides each and every step ... to be strong enough to look UP for leadership .... to be weak enough to lean wholely on Him ....... and before day's end i plan on viewing my day on Eagle's Wings .... He also says i can run (but at this age and stage in the game i'm not sure that would be such a pretty site for ANYone to see!) ... i'll be quite content to Walk and NOT FAINT!!! ;)
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth! He will not grow tired or weary,
and His understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall:
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment